Monday, June 3, 2013

Helen Making Her Way Northward

By Helen, via Keith

Admissions:

  • I received this well over a week ago.
  • I didn't post it right away.
  • I ---ah, er--- forgot about it. (Sorry, Helen.)
* * * * * 

Helen Fahlsing here.....started my trek north in my little trailer on Monday May 20.  Spending some time visiting with friends in central TX and will head on to Iowa June 10.  Have reservations at Shady Oaks Campground in Marshalltown IA -- same place as usual, kinda like 'going home!"   Just thought I'd let you know you have until then to get that Iowa weather straightened out! 
 
This being the 100th anniversary of the Lincoln Highway (and Shady Oaks in right on the old Lincoln Highway) I'm looking forward to the caravan of vintage vehicles making the trip from Times Square in NYC, the starting point of HWY 30.   They just finished loading a freighter in Sweden with vintage cars from around Europe, to make the voyage across the "pond" to join the trip.  Just can't wait to see all of those amazing vehicles.
 
Hope all is well with you and your family.  Missed you last winter. 
 
Helen
Parked the 5th Wheel in Rockport TX
Forest River Surveyor - my summer home for Iowa!

* * * *

The weather was beautiful today, but I can not take credit for it. 

Helen mentioned the Lincoln Highway. That is US-30 and runs E-W across Iowa, roughly 25 miles north of I-80. It was the way across the country before Interstate highways.

I'm no familiar with the topography of her campground, but it is entirely possible that it might have been flooded. It is near the Iowa River, which was filled to overflowing in that area last week. In any event, it should be ready to welcome Helen when she arrives.

And, Yes, Pat and I are doing fine. And we certainly missed all our friends at Rockport 35 RV Park last winter!

Keith

.

No comments:

Post a Comment