Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Note From Betty King----

Betty and Gibby King were on Fourth Street, next to Del Calhoun a year ago. It's good to know that they still remember several of us!

As you'll see from here note, this was a bad year for bones in Texas! In addition to Betty, Lucille, and Pat, one of our friends from back home fell in Pharr, dislocated parts in her back which pinched nerves, and had surgery when she got back here. And another acquaintance fell and broke his wrist. Let's hope next year is a kinder and gentler year for bones!


"Keith, I'm glad to hear Lucille is doing better. Our prayers are with both her and Dick.

We are still in the valley and I guess we will be staying. In fact we are looking at a piece of property. I fell (Betty) 3/31 and broke my wrist pretty bad. They operated and put in a plate and 10 screws and I am in PT 3 times a week for 4 weeks. Then back to doctor on 5/22.

We really like the valley though. Not particularly crazy about the wind but just like they said about the rain last year when we were at RV35 they said the same thing about the wind here this year. Hasn't been that bad for years and years!!! I'm almost afraid to say aloud but probably will have the hottest summer, since we are here. LOL LOL

We are in Rio Hondo Tx right on the banks of the Arroyo Colorado river. I didn't see them but was told there were 4 dolphins out here last week. I can see the river from my dining room table and really like that. We are in this park until 7/6 and hopefully our land should be straight by then.

We are planning to live in our 5th wheel but at least I can get a storage shed and get some stuff out of here that we have no other place for. I doubt we will go cross country in this anymore but at some time we may get rid of this and get a mobile home and a smaller trailer - all depends on fuel prices. We just bought a new (used) Dodge Grand Caravan today and will go back to Va later this year in that.

Also wanted to tell you Gibby really likes the awning lock. Not sure if I'll ever see my awning out down here in the valley but at least I know it won't unfurl like it did when we left Rockport on Dec 15th to come to the valley.

I really enjoy reading the RV35 blog and hearing about everyone.

Betty and Gibby King"

1 comment:

  1. Really sorry to hear about Betty's fall. Glad to know she and Gibby are otherwise well.

    ReplyDelete