Friday, June 20, 2008

Lucille Update #4: GREAT NEWS!

This info was just received from Rick regarding Lucille, his Mother:

This morning she went into surgery to remove those external supports on her legs. This is the same surgery she was to have on Monday but she had some problems (her blood pressure dropped and her pulse rate went over 200 bps) they canceled it.

The doctor just stopped by and told dad & me when they removed the supports this morning all went GREAT. When they removed the supports there was not any infection and they didn't put the internal supports in.

The doctor said they are putting temp. casts on her legs (back and sides only), he is not sure she will ever need the internal pins and screws. She will not have to see this doctor for 2 weeks, at that time they will check the bones again and make sure all is well.

We asked the doctor if she will be here in the hospital for the next 2 weeks and he said no, she should be able to go to a facility that would give her physical therapy (PT), like the place in Rockport. No I don't know when that will be I will let you know asap.

As I am typing this mom was taken back to her room, this means she came out of recovery very fast. Dad went up with her and I'm on my way.

I'll update everyone when I find out anything more.

Rick

That's the best news we've had since the day she fell in March. Let's hope the news continues to be good!

1 comment:

  1. 1) We're so thankful Lucille is improving and everyone has been safe from weather-related incidences.
    2) You need to know that Al Johnson (S-25), who fell about a month ago and broke his left leg and left arm is convalescing at Gulf Point Plaza. Saw him today and he is in good spirits--eager to get home.
    3) Tony & I just returned from my sister's memorial service. I was able to spend the last few weeks with her. She is safe with Jesus.
    4) Dorothy Preisel (S-151) has sold her rig to Mackie (S-108)--the transition should take place in September.
    5) Al & Audrey left, today, for 5 weeks vacation in Michigan.
    Allison

    ReplyDelete