Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thankgiving, Friends!

Photo of two wild turkeys in Toro Regional Park, Monterey County, CA
During this season of Thanksgiving, it seems appropriate that we sit back and think for awhile about the things for which we are thankful. Here's the beginning of my list, in no particular order:

  • Parents and grandparents who taught me the really important things of life
  • The village which helped raise me
  • My country
  • My wife!!!
  • A few close friends
  • The fact that our home was not damaged by natural disasters this summer
  • Good health
  • A great part-time job
  • Wonderful neighbors, both in Cedar Rapids and Rockport, Texas
  • Two healthy (and cute!) additions to our family this year
  • A head and educational system which prepared me to contribute to society
  • A job which allowed me to see many parts of the world and meet interesting people in many countries
  • ...and many more



No comments:

Post a Comment