Monday, June 14, 2010

There is a Great Alternative!

I just received an email announcing the availability of Microsoft Office 2010. I can get it for my "whole house" (up to three computers) for $149.95.

Those who have attended my Computer Help Sessions at Rockport 35 RV Park know that I am not likely to jump for that deal!

There is a great alternative to Microsoft Office. It's called OpenOffice.org.

It's available to anyone for any number of computers for free.

Yes, FREE!

Files it creates are compatible with Office-created files, so you don't need to worry about incompatibility. And it works! You aren't being hounded all the time to upgrade to solve a problem or two or three.

Did I mention that it is free?

Here's their website: http://www.openoffice.org/

If you have any questions, I'll be glad to try to answer them.