Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Bunch of Bubbas

Saying Hello to Tom Carl


by Dianne           See update below original message.

The Bubba Bunch

There's a group of guys who get together early, just about every morning, for coffee and conversation at the "liar's table" -- although none of them would lie, says Rick. I'm told that their discussions cover a multitude of topics from solving world problems, how to make better coffee, fishing tales (some tales longer than others), best fishing holes, and even a civics lesson every now and again. At times, a particular story may call for a salute of the sideways cap - huh! No matter the reason, they have a great time sharing crazy thoughts and ideas followed by hearty laughter. When asked for the meaning of the cap thing, I was told by Chet, "just say we're a bunch of bubbas who got off the short bus," .......again with the laughing. Guess you have to be one of the bunch for the inside joke, and Tom is one of the bunch. You're laughing, aren't you Tom? Sorry you and Dianne can't be here this winter -- as the sign says "we miss you."

Note: Be sure to click on this picture to enlarge it!
.
January 24 Update:

Hi! Guys!  I was looking at the blog Sunday evening and guess what I saw!!!!!!!!  A bunch of good guys that I miss dearly!!!!!!!!  I'm sitting here with my hat on sideways with snow up to my #$%  The poster and the well wishes warm my heart.........................................let me diagram that for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the picture and I hope to see y'all next season!!!!!!

Tom Carl
Sad Bears Fan!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment