Monday, July 30, 2012

Update from Sonia and Dave

by Sonia, via Keith

Sonia Enman (Feb, 2011)
This chemo process is going along slowly.  My blood count numbers continue to be a problem so I have many chemo breaks.  Each round seems to have worse side effects.  I usually go into Rip Van Wrinkle mode for a few days.  Dr. said I may be done in October.  It can't come soon enough.  The bad days seem to out number the good days.

To top it off, I had eye surgery.  The bottom lid of my right eye was growing inward causing the eyelashes to brush the eyeball.  Torture!.  He sewed the lid down so now I look half Asian.

Dave had cataract surgery last week.  It went well and he is happy that both eyes are done now.  He joined a gym and is hoping to improve his walking.

We've been able to spend a few days at the park between chemo treatments.  I'm trying to get a tan to get rid of this Morticia color.  I still have my hair.  Very thin and doesn't grow much, but it's there. 

Hope to see y'all soon!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sonia,

    Hang in there kid. You've come a long way and October is coming. We look forward to seeing you again this year in Rockport. Keeping you and Dave in our prayers.

    Dianne and Rick

    ReplyDelete