Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Icons of I-90

by Keith

Thursday we left home for a vacation in the Black Hills of South Dakota, our favorite place.

The route was our usual route from home to visit our grandkids in MN, except at Albert Lea, we turned West and got on I-90. That road would be our "home" for about 160 miles in Minnesota, all 412 miles of the road in South Dakota, plus about 19 miles of I-90 in Wyoming.

At Sundance, we left I-90 and turned South, toward Newcastle and our destination for a few days: the home of Fran and Sandy! But that's a story for another time.

The message this time is to show you a little of the beauty of South Dakota as viewed from I-90. Here goes:





Those who have driven the route are familiar with Wall Drug and its signs. Those of you who are not familiar with this icon of the area—well, just come to South Dakota and have the experience for yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Geoff & I visited there many years ago.
    What an interesting & unique place, especially
    for me(Pam) as my maiden name was WAll!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We are still trying to sell our house-so that depends on our winter plans-think so often of our winter Texan friends
    Pam

    ReplyDelete