Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sad News

by Dianne

Willy and Betty Wiese were long time residents of Rockport 35 RV Park and lived in a park model on the south-west end (I hope I have my directions correct) of 5th street next door to Chet and Peggy Southerland. For the past couple of years Willy and Betty have not been at the park. They moved back to Granbury, TX to be closer to family since Willy was having health issues.

Betty and Willy Wiese

Sadly, Willy (William) passed away on October 3rd. I spoke with Betty and she told me he was suffering from pneumonia and kidney issues and it was hard for her to say goodbye.

I copied the following from the local newspaper -- William R. Wiese Sr., 81, of Granbury, passed away Thursday, October 3, 2013. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday October 6, at Heartfield-Ritter Funeral Home. Services are set for 1 p.m. Monday October 7, at the funeral home with interment at String Prairie Cemetery near Calvert. Published in The Bryan-College Station Eagle on October 5, 2013.

Here is Betty's address if anyone wishes to send her a card - 1301 N. Meadows Lane, Apt. 22, Granbury TX 76048.

* * * * * * *
by Keith

Willy and Betty were such a part of Rockport 35 RV Park that I thought I'd help folks remember this lovely couple with a few more pictures.

Willy Wiese,  March 17, 2007

Willy & Betty, 2010 Valentine's Day party

Willy and his buddy, Dick.  December 2009
When they moved away due to Willy's declining health, we missed them! We missed their company and Betty's delicious cakes!

.


No comments:

Post a Comment