Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ted Found His Book

Some of you may have been aware that Ted was writing a book, on his computer of course. But he lost the book—that is, it disappeared from his jump drive.

He asked me for suggestions; he'd already done everything I could suggest. Then he looked everywhere again.

Down the drain went the better part of 187 pages!

But there's good news, as reported in an email from Ted today:

Our trip home went very well ... missed the storms ... but it is cold here in Springfield, MO.

Thought you might be interested .... I found my missing book. When I plugged the flash drives I use for internet/email and other special things, into the desk top here at home, it was in a temp file on the flash drive. Go figure. I now have back ups on two CD's and a flash drive, and a copy on my C drive as my working copy.

I'm glad for Ted and Katy, too, that the lost has been found. The lesson here: Back up your important data and information! You can never tell when or how it will leave you.

No comments:

Post a Comment