Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Chat With Bob

This morning, I called Bob Foslien just to let him know that we were thinking of him. I figured a familiar voice might be welcome.

We had a great chat. He said that yesterday he told Michelle, their eldest daughter and who lives in Denver, had a family and her own affairs to take care of and should go home to them. She had been there with Bob and Karen for the last month.

She's the one who kept us all so well informed via CaringBridge and I'm sure was a God-send to Bob during this most difficult of times. I told Bob how much we appreciated her keeping us up to date, and what a difficult job that must have been.

Bob also said that he would be headed back to Rockport 35 RV park, probably in October!

I see this as absolutely wonderful news, for Bob and also for all of us who knew Bob and Karen. He felt it would be much better for him to be among all the good friends they made at the Park than to mope around Sheridan all Winter.

He also said, "Not in a million years would I have envisioned that what happened to Karen would ever happen to us." We talked about how fragile life is.

That naturally lead to a discussion of the value of good friends—and why we and many others return to 35 RV year after year.

Bob's phone number is (307) 674-6749. He just might enjoy hearing from you. I know that I enjoyed talking with him!