Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving Eve—an appropriate time to consider things for which we are thankful. Of course we should do it continually, but sometimes daily activities seem to get in the way.

Some of the things for which I am thankful:

  • Pat and other family members. I'm especially thankful for the wee ones in our family and hope that they can grow up and live in a safe and understanding world.
  • Good friends. Many of these good friends were, will be, or are right there at Rockport 35 RV Park.
  • Good health. Although we have our aches and pains, we are relatively healthy. For this, we are very thankful.
  • Sufficient resources (I hope!). A good job and living within our means is now paying off. We do not need to be gainfully employed in order to eat or have a warm place in which to sleep. If you are reading this, you are in the same general category; millions of people are not. We can all be thankful.
  • Adequate challenges.  This website and others provide mental challenges which I like to think are good for my head. And because working on these challenges is so time consuming, it "keeps me out of the bars."
  • A job I really enjoy. All I ever really wanted to do was fly airplanes. I have a part-time job flight instructing which keeps me in touch with the industry and gets me off the ground frequently. I meet new and interesting people. It's the best "job" I ever had and I am thankful for it. (I have to call it a job because I do get paid!)
  • My parents and others who provided direction throughout my life. I now realize that my parents sacrificed a lot to provide my sister and me with "things" and experiences which would help us grow up in the way they intended. I am thankful for the guidance all my teachers, including my parents and those who still teach me today, provided.
This is a good time to make a list, even if it is only a mental list, of things for which we are thankful. The list is a long one, to be sure.


.