Tuesday, June 28, 2011

One-week Update

by Keith

A week ago almost right now, they wheeled me into my room. From then, things have been going pretty good.

I came home Friday, three days after surgery. Can't complain about that. As you can see below, I was glad to get here!



Days go very well, but getting a good night's sleep is still a challenge. The parts they worked on (stomach, esophagus, and surrounding areas) are still swollen and will be for some time ---weeks, possibly. These areas are still a bit tender, which makes rolling over painful at times. And there's nothing else going on at night, so every little pain is "a big deal." Even with a high-powered pain pill.

Maybe tonight!

Tomorrow I can upgrade to "soft diet." That adds a soft-boiled egg, cottage cheese, and lots of other goodies. I'll "enjoy" that diet for three weeks.

What do I miss? Sandwiches!! What's the most difficult thing to eat following this surgery? White bread. (Can't have it on this diet.)

Yesterday I went errand-running with Pat; today she took me to the barbershop. It's not as if I'm just laying in bed waiting to heal up. I expect to be driving a bit by the end of the week.

Considering what they did, I think I'm doing pretty well. I'd like it to be faster, of course, but really no complaints. I'm very thankful that things are as they are and that there even exists a fix for large hiatal hernias.


July 9 Comment:

Glad to hear you have your problem taken care of. Hope the healing goes fast.
 
Staying busy golfing, fishing, camping and watching the weather.   
 
Next event is a week at the lake with our family including my brother & his wife from Texas. Should be nearly 30 of us.
 
Hope we can make it back to Rockport 35 this winter
 
Dale & Rosalee (Tootie)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment