Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Tale of Two Banks

by Keith

Some weeks ago, Pat needed quarters for the laundry. We were at Wal*Mart and the park office was unpeopled so I went to the branch of IBC (International Bank of Commerce) located at the front of the store.

A young man finally acknowledged my presence and asked what he could do for me. I told him I wanted to buy a couple of rolls of quarters.

"Do you have an account here?"

"No."

"Then I can't help you."

And so on. (I'll spare you the rest of the discussion.)

A week ago, we needed quarters. I walked into First Victoria Bank, near the DQ. A pleasant lady sold me two rolls of quarters with no questions asked and a smile on her face.

There's little doubt at which bank I'd open an account if I were going to open one here!


.

2 comments:

  1. We tried last year to get change and also quarters but were denied because we did not have an account. We tried again this year when the office was not open and the same thing happened. Needless to say, we will not be opening an account there either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had an accouny at FV for two years now and every year after two or three visits they usall address me by name. Super people! A side note I to needed quarters so when I was at HEB I want to the service counter for two rolls, and the charged me, I think, .30 per roll.

    ReplyDelete