Monday, April 30, 2012

Sly 45% Price Increase at Wal*Mart

by Keith

One of the staples on our pantry shelf has been honey roasted peanuts. One of us really likes them!

45.9% Price Increase
Last week I went to the peanut department at Wal*Mart to replenish our supply. There were two sizes of "Party Size" containers on the shelf.

There was one of the size I've been buying for the last several years, 35 ounce.

There were many of the new Party Size containers, which held only 24 ounces and were about an inch smaller in each dimension.

But the price was the same for either size: $5.38!

If you do the math, you'll find that represents a per-ounce price increase of 45.9%!!!


The price per container had not changed: $5.38. Do you suppose Wal*Mart thought no one would notice? If so, they were wrong. At least one customer did. And he'll tell all the friends he can!

And he'll try to lose his taste for peanuts!

1 comment:

  1. I am addicted to almonds. Next time I am a Walmart I am going to check the peanuts out. I also buy Doves dark chocolate and the first time I shopped at Walmart after we got home they were $.50 higher than at the Walmart in Texas so I refused to buy any. After having a "chocolate attack" I decided I was going to break down and buy a bag and they had gone down $.30. Could I resist? No!

    Connie Rothmeyer

    ReplyDelete