Monday, October 15, 2012

G R E A T News from Allison!

by Allison, via Keith

Here's the message portion of an email I received yesterday from Allison:


Hallelujah time!
Monday's P.E.T. scan showed NO SIGN of DISEASE: LYMPHOMA!
Color us HAPPY!
Everyday I am better and better.
Discovering food allergies and stopping eating those things did wonders for me.
I know the website is down; but I don't have time to deal with it.
We are on our way to Cleveland tomorrow morning to celebrate Tony's Mother's 94th birthday.

I few hours later, an update arrived:

One thing I hadn't thought about in all of this:
I am like a newborn baby!
My bone marrow was WIPED CLEAN!
Therefore, about December 13, when I'm 6 months old,
They will begin to re-introduce to me my childhood immunizations.
'Hopefully, I won't have to have ALL of them?  I don't know.
Last November I got the Shingles vaccine--so, I guess once I've had
the chickenpox immunization they will re-give that.
I don't know; but I DO KNOW I don't want to have either Chickenpox
or Shingles!  Well, for that matter: ANY of the childhood illnesses.
Allison
Jesus Christ!
The SAME!
Yesterday, Today & Forever
Hebrews 13:8 

Pat would agree with you: NO ONE wants to get shingles. She's about to enter her third year of suffering from shingles. 

3 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! Wonderful news, Allison.
    Safe travels to you and Tony and Happy Birthday to his mom!
    I agree 100% about the shingles -- I put that up there somewhere near the plague!
    See you when I get back in November!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, that is great news. Keeping you in our prayers as you continue to heal. Looking forward to seeing you later this year. Have a safe journey to and from Ohio. Hi to Tony and a Happy Birthday hug to his mom. Rick and Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Allison; prayers have been answered and continue for you! Safe travels from Ohio. Celebrated my Mother's 90th birthday in Sept. so every year is a blessing!
    Someday when I'm no longer a caregiver, we will return to Rockport 35.
    Dave & Shirley (clarinetist)

    ReplyDelete