Friday, December 28, 2012

Deer Acres

by Dianne

Quite often, while walking out and about in the park with the boys (Buddy and Bandit), we find ourselves engaged in conversation with other park residents on the same mission. Recently someone asked if we've seen any deer this year in the park area?


Click on picture to enlarge
So, I thought if I was a little more diligent in watching for them during the day that just maybe I could get a picture.  Well, would you believe it, as I was about to shake a rug out back looking toward the laundry building between 3rd and 4th streets, there in the field stood a couple of doe.  Praying they wouldn’t run off, I went in and got the camera.  One either heard or saw me because she picked up her head and looked right at me as I took the picture.  Yup, she was spooked and off they went, just after I got this shot.

Click on picture to enlarge
Also, with the help of Rick’s trail camera we got this picture of the 6-8 point buck who’s been strutting his stuff.  This handsome guy was caught on camera yesterday (12/27 around 5 pm) about 30 yards from our RV. 

Anyway, to answer the question -- yes we see deer, almost daily when paying attention, or with the help of a trail camera.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment