Friday, March 1, 2013

St. David's Day

by Keith

Today is St. David's Day. He is the patron saint of Wales, land of my forefathers.

St. David's Day, 2012
Even though I'm not at the park, it's still St. David's Day!  I'll fly the flag of Wales via a picture.

My great grandparents all came from the northern part of Wales, the Snowdon area. It's very mountainous and beautiful.

The Welsh love male choruses! Men get together and form choirs of hundreds, even thousands, to sing.

There are many videos on YouTube of men singing the national anthem, especially at rugby games. I've spent many minutes today searching for "the best" to post here.

But I didn't find one. What I found is a relatively small choir singing "You Raise Me Up." Remembering that there are many of our friends at Rockport 35 RV Park who are undergoing serious issues themselves or in their families, I'm posting that in the hope that it will ease their pain if only for a little while.

Especially, I'm thinking of Bob, Gayle, Dick, Allison and Tony, and Tom and his mother. There are no doubt others so even if you are not named, I hope this song will give you a bit of a lift.



Happy St. David's Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment