Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Best Possible News!

By Keith

This great news just arrived in an email from Tom:

Tom, Feb. 2009
Greetings!  

 Just wanted to give you an update on my journey with bladder cancer, surgery, treatments and follow-up medical procedures.  You may recall that I first noticed problems last summer and then the ship sailed on this new adventure.  I'll keep it short.................I had a scheduled bladder biopsy last week to see if the treatments had accomplished our goals.  Dianne and I met with my doctor this morning to go over the pathologist report.  Bottom line, no cancer found.  There were samples taken from multiple sites in the bladder.  The doctor also did a detailed visual inspection of the bladder (while I was under general anesthesia) and he said things looked good!

Now we go into the preventative mode to do "maintenance" as the doctor puts it.  I'll have three treatments for preventative reasons (once a week for three weeks) then go back in for a "scope in three months.

Obviously, this is the best news we could have received!  All of your thoughts, concerns and prayers have made this result possible.  Dianne and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Finally,and probably most importantly, we thank God for His blessing, guidance, support and healing throughout this situation.  Psalm 138!!!!!!

Tom and Dianne


.

No comments:

Post a Comment