Saturday, May 7, 2011

Have Kayak -- Will Travel

by Dianne

Remember the kayak Rick found while fishing this past March in Rockport? Well, we brought it home and engineer Rick master-minded and implemented a plan so our grandson, Alex, could tow the kayak behind his bike to take fishing -- they live only a mile or so from the bay. It works great (I had no doubt it would) and Alex loves it. Could this be how Colorado Bob got started?


Good thing Rick listened to me when I said, "Honey, you should save all that 'junk' I mean parts and pieces of scrap metal/wood, nuts/bolts, etc. - you never know when some of those things will come in handy for future projects." I'm so insightful.

Jim Clark is hoping Rick can rig up something to tow their 5th wheel since fuel prices are so high. He's taking suggestions for ideas on that one but thinks a bigger bike is needed; maybe a 3-wheeler. Tom, if you got an idea, don't forget diagrams are appreciated.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment