Thursday, July 7, 2011

On the Road ...... to Recovery

by Dianne


Surgery was successful, according to my surgeon, and he was pleased with the results. Just had one little glitch -- a difficult time coming out of the anesthetic and blood pressure was so low they could not give me any pain medication. That wasn't a problem for the most part since I was in another world most of that first day anyway. The evening hours were a little more challenging.

I took Keith's advice and brought my own pillow. Had a great bed too that auto adjusted to pressure points on the body for maximum comfort. I survived the pain discomfort, progressed as anticipated, and made the escape. I'm back home with Rick (my round-the-clock care giver) and the boys, Buddy and Bandit. Home, Sweet, Home.

Only restrictions are no lifting of any kind and a soft food diet for this week. My Doctor didn't say anything about restricting my housework activities. An oversight on his part I'm sure. I'll get that clarified next week when I go back for the post-op appointment.

Thanks again Rockport family and friends for your well wishes, cards, and most of all, prayers. Take care, enjoy your summer, and be safe.

Dianne

.

No comments:

Post a Comment