Friday, July 29, 2011

Tropical Storm Don

Submitted by Allison

All is well in Rockport!

We have been watching this system and hoping God will send us all the rain we need--but not one drop more! I remember Helen telling me her Grandfather stood out in his farm and prayed this way--it's a good prayer. I claim it!

We have rolled up awnings and battened down anything that might blow.  No one has left the park due to rain; but some have come in early to ensure getting here before the rain starts. Rain is no deterrent--we all just might get out and dance in it!

We have had a white egret thrilling the folks and walking around the park--they love to eat ghekos--and we have a lot--as you well know.  He was drinking--or maybe looking for fish--in my pond in front of the office.  If it was for fish he was out of luck because the raccoon already beat him to them.  Day before yesterday, we saw the tracks of the puma who lives behind the park.  He probably jumped the fence to drink from the swimming pool.  Tony & Chet put a trough of water north of the park, on the pipeline--but apparently, the animals can't read the signs directing them to it.  Suffice it to say, all of Texan creation is waiting for The Creator to send rain.

Some of you know that, for three years, I have had a wonderful kitchen sink sitting in my bedroom (still in the box) waiting to be put into use in my kitchen.  Two years ago, Tony and Son, Jason began putting down a ceramic tile floor (they were going to do counters, etc).  Well, Jason left and Tony got too busy to do it. And so, my floor remained with the perimeter untiled. Last weekend, my grandson showed up to get my house in order--and it is looking GOOD!

Al & Audrey will be home about August 17,

Pattersons returned last week,

Helen is still in Iowa

Connie & Ron are still in Oregon--occasionally they send me picture or tell me about fun searching the Tidepools--trying to make me homesick for my growing up years--and Connie is have so much fun taking wonderful pictures.

I hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to a wonderful winter season!

We love you!
Allison
God never said the journey would be easy;
but that the arrival will be worthwhile!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment