Sunday, October 9, 2011

Marcus in Auto Accident

by Keith, with help from Allison and several others

September 20, Marcus was injured in an accident. Marcus was a Workamper at Rockport 35 RV Park for one or two years a few years ago.

Here's his report:

On date listed I was a passenger in this vehicle.  Somehow I survived with a broken right leg and a badly crushed right hand.  I have to go through two more surgeries next Wednesday.  I move around on a wheelchair cannot use crutches because of my hand.
     I am looking at a long period of time to heal and rehab.  I am typing with my left hand.  Do not expect much email from me.
    The good Lord allowed me my life which I am thankful.
     My spirit is positive and will take one day at a time.


Tundra in which Marcus was injured.

The accident happened September 15 between Fredericksburg and Bandera as Marcus and Dan, owner of the Tundra, were returning from a golf outing.

Marcus was in the front passenger seat and was the most injured, which, given the picture above, is no surprise. The driver was not seriously injured.

An oncoming car was going to hit them. There was no right side of the road so the driver made a hard left turn to avoid a head-on collision. The other car, at the same time, made a hard right turn.

Other photos show that several airbags were deployed upon impact.

We hope that Marcus is able to hang onto his positive spirit and heal quickly and completely.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment