Saturday, January 21, 2012

I Was Wrong About the Onion

by Keith

The other day, Tom asked, "Why is the 1015 onion named the 1015?"

Having been to Mission and believing myself to be all-knowing regarding the question, I volunteered my answer: "It is named "1015" because it is grown alongside highway 1015 in the McAllen/Mission area."

I was wrong. Again.

Here's information on the 1015, including why it is called the 1015 and how it came to be.

But for the record, here's Tom's and, apparently, the correct answer: The optimum date for planting this onion is October 15, thus the "1015" name.

You won again, Tom!

Comment:
Leave it to an Aggie - 1015 -- so they don't forget when to plant it!
Now that should start a war between TX A&M and the Univ of TX!!
Helen

.

No comments:

Post a Comment