Sunday, January 1, 2012

Signs Seldom Seen

by Keith

This sign was near Wales West RV Park, where we were in Alabama. I watched carefully for the other kind of hills, but never did see one.

It still is not clear to me what the real intent of this sign was.

That wasn't the only thing in Alabama which mystified me. Highway route numbers was another one.



As even a poor engineer can tell you, engineering is generally considered an exact science.

But this is ridiculous!

This sign was near New Orleans.


Finally, here's one you won't see many places! It's a mile marker along I-10, shot shortly after we entered Texas.

In the same general area, there was a sign "El Paso 847."

Texas is big. And interesting. We like it.

Because I just thought of it and like it, I'll quote Gov. Rick Perry, made while referring to The Current Occupant (as Garrison Keillor referred to George W. Bush):

"He's all hat and no cattle."

Sounds like a true Texan to me!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment