Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Change of Address

by Keith

Several of you might have this problem; I certainly do.

When I come here, I have USPS forward my mail to Rockport 35 RV Park's address. I always check the "Temporary" box and give a date when the forwarding is to cease.

Some companies who mail to me specify "Notify of address change" or something like that. In those cases, USPS gives them my Rockport address and should tell them that it is temporary. Sometimes the company changes my address to Rockport because of that notification, without my request or permission.

The logical fix, then, would seem to be to simply put in a change of address to change my address from Rockport to Cedar Rapids, right?

It turns out that I can't do that, because the Park is considered a business address.

Even more strangely, Allison can't change it, either! NO ONE can change the address at the Post Office!

The ONLY way it can be changed is to have the sender change the address!!!!

That means that I, who was trying to manage my mail properly, must exert effort to undo what someone else did on their own. Somehow this just doesn't seem right!

This information was provided during a good discussion with the Manager of Distribution at the Rockport Post Office today. He seemed very knowledgeable and polite.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment