Friday, March 2, 2012

Exercise Anyone???

by Dianne

How many of you are thinking, “Exercise?? I get enough exercise!" Yes, I've heard that before -- actually I've said it myself. I’ll admit that exercise is not one of my favorite things to do first thing in the morning either, but I do think it’s a great way to get your day started. Really, it is! Some in the park take long walks while others use the equipment room, which is great. However, if your exercise preference is group oriented, here are two options for you to consider.

Option One: A stretch activity where participants meet every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning at 8:30 in the Club House. These activities are lead by Connie Perkins and involve stretching and strengthening muscles in the arms, legs, back, etc. We even have foam mats for
the down-on-the-floor
portion of the workout.













Option Two: Water activities, in the pool, is lead by Dorothy Bogue. This group meets five days a week (M-F) at 8:30 for a full hour. They also work on muscle building and balance. I asked how long into their program the synchronized swimming would start. Guess I have to join the group and find out for myself.


As you can see, either option is suitable for our age group, and in spite of an occasional Monday morning moaning/ groaning, we have fun. I'd like to clarify that these activities are not gender specific. Gentlemen are always welcome and we love to have you join us anytime. So, if you’re of able body but currently not involved in some sort of physical activity (crossword puzzles, computer games, etc. do not count) why not consider one of these group activities and join in just for the health of it.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment