Thursday, August 22, 2013

Encouraging Words

by Don Wright > Keith

In the article about Larry, below, I mentioned my long-time (since 1964!) friend, Don. I received a nice note from his wife, Ardis, and now the note below directly from Don.

I'm posting it here in the hopes that it will encourage Larry and Sherry and, really, any others with health challenges. Don was diagnosed with multiple myeloma ten years ago and is still going strong —so strong that he's looking forward to his next marathon! (Sort of reminds one of Forrest Gump, doesn't it!)

Hi Keith,

What a sweet article!  Thank you for the generous words.

At this moment, about 8:35, we are at Mayo Clinic waiting for an 8:45 doctor appointment.  We come here every 28 days and I "give blood" at 6:00 am.  The most important results are already in, accessible on our laptops, and the news is good again.  The myeloma is still stable, which is our "normal."  Makes me want to run a marathon!  Our next one is in Half Moon Bay, CA, toward the end of September.

The doctor will be pleased too.

Best to you both,

Don 

No comments:

Post a Comment