Sunday, August 18, 2013

R.I.P. Sonia Enman

by David > Keith

Sonia Enman
Taken February, 2011
Sonia passed away yesterday afternoon. Her long battle with her cancer is finally over.

Her passing was very peaceful. My daughter Kris and I were with her, holding her hand at the end. She had been under home hospice care since May but she was having a bad time of it this past Wednesday so we moved her to Christopher House Hospice.

She took a turn for the worse on Thursday evening and was unresponsive on Friday and Saturday. I asked for a priest and about 20 minutes after he administered the last rites she was gone. It was like she was waiting for permission to leave on her journey.

Per Sonia's wishes, there will be no funeral or services. If our friends are of a mind, they can make a donation to Hospice Austin. Their website is HospiceAustin.org.

Sonia
Taken February, 2009

Pat and I fondly remember Sonia (and David!)

We always enjoyed the discussions upon chance meetings in the street or in their trailer. I also remember the fun I had playing poker with Sonia and Dave. Sonia wasn't very vocal, but that doesn't mean that she didn't know what she was doing at the card table!

I believe it was early in 2012 that we learned that she had cancer, with little hope for long life due to the advanced state, even when it was first discovered. What a blow to our community and, especially, to the Enman family.

And now she has passed from our midst. Our sympathy to David and their family.

David's address is:
1515 Arusha St.

Round Rock, TX  78664



Note: 
I'm posting this now, shortly after I received it, so it's available for you to read. I'll post a link to an obituary when I find one. Please check back. Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment