Wednesday, February 12, 2014

How Many?

Back in December, Rick was looking for a particular hat to wear because the temperature had dropped to the low 30s and with the wind chill factor added in it was even colder. Brrrr. That was not the first of many more “Brrr” days this winter.

Our RV has a tall cabinet, from floor to ceiling, with a shelf at the very top. Not a shelf I’d put anything on since I’d need something more than a step stool to reach it.  Sure I could get the 4ft ladder from outdoors, but truly, it is just too high for me. The shelf space is 1.5 ft wide x 1.5 ft tall by 2 ft deep and almost 7 ft from the floor. Definitely something made for a much taller person. Guess it’s the perfect place for Rick to store his hats because that is where he keeps them.

I had no idea how many hats were up there. Hats! Nothing but hats! He started pulling them out looking for that one particular wool hat with the little ear flappers on it. Of course it was the last one. As I looked at the big pile on the counter, I thought to myself, “When and where did he get all these hats.” Would you believe there are 27 in this pile? I’m sure happy he doesn’t store his hats in my shoe storage area because I believe one of us would be cramped for space. FYI, my shoe count is 18, not including the rubber boots for fishing.

I don't know about other men and their hats, so this makes me wonder.  Is this a guy thing? Do men have a hat fetish? How many hats does one need?  Or, is it a Rick thing?

[caption id="attachment_182" align="alignleft" width="256"]Rick's hat collection Rick's hat collection[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_183" align="alignright" width="262"]Bracing for the cold in his favorite hat. Bracing for the cold in his favorite hat.[/caption]

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. In my defense, I need those hats for the many different duties assigned to me. Yep, I'm going to stick with that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that doesn't even adress the fashion aspect!

    ReplyDelete