Monday, January 5, 2009

Internet Speed

Today I contacted Matrix Networks on behalf of all of us. I am confident that they are diligently working on the problem of slow download time which we all experience.

I added the little widget above; thought you might find it interesting. I've been getting download speeds (download is the one that really matters, usually) of about 400kb/s. But that is using a different meter than this one. This little meter reports a number w a y less than that. It could be due to differences in calculating the speed.

Because of this, don't get too excited about the actual number. You can use it as a relative measure.

A more normal speed would be about five times what we have now. You can see that we have a ways to go!

I'll leave this little meter up for awhile. If it causes too much confusion, I'll remove it and this post.

.

1 comment:

  1. We also called Matrix today, Jan 6 and they have found a problem with us being cut off constantly. Said they would call us back after checking the system out. Barb Whittingham site Q

    ReplyDelete