Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Recommendation: Mechanic

The Big White Horse (my white F-350 dually pickup) was in need of more TLC than I could provide. I asked Allison for a recommendation. She suggested David Love.

Then to cross-check her thoughts, she called Tony, explained my need, and asked what he would recommend. Tony's answer: David Love!

David is the proprietor of Love's Automotive, the business just a bit south of the Mexican restaurant just down the street from the park—the place which isn't especially attractive and which usually has several cars around it.Photo of Love's Automotive, Rockport, Texas
I met with David and he gave me a quote which I considered reasonable. And he could do the work the same afternoon!

With my one exposure to Love's Automotive, I consider that they are technically competent. More importantly, I consider them to be honest. We who travel always are concerned about getting ripped off by service folks who are eager to fleece captive travelers. I don't believe you have to worry about that at Love's Automotive!

David said that he appreciated my business and would welcome that of my friends and neighbors.

Based on my experience, I think it's a good place to go. And it's close!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment