Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Note from Melanie and Fred----

Here are a couple of notes from Melanie and Fred, winter residents of 5th Street.
Dear Allison and Tony,

Thank you so much for your last email and we were very surprised to hear about the fire so close to the park! I am sure it must of been quite nerve racking for the people still in the park but thankfully it was contained before it could reach RV35.

We arrived home yesterday afternoon after our very enjoyable trip out west. As planned we stayed first with Sherry and Gary in Duluth then with Laverne* and Gene in Bismark. We were surprised at both cities, both small but very nice. Sherry and Gary live about thirty miles of Duluth on a lake that makes our lake look like a mud puddle, ha! Sherry and I went out in their canoe for a couple of hours and that was great fun.

We then went on to stay with Laverne and Gene and they took us to many wonderful places of interest that neither of us had any idea of, we just hope that we can do the same for them in the not too distant future.

From there we moved on and stayed in Custer, SD, for a few nights seeing all that was on our list and more. The Black Hills are absolutely breathtaking, something neither of us will ever forget.

We moved on to Sheridan and again saw all that was on our list, so many wonderful places, too numerous to mention. Of course I took lots of pics and now will have to take the time sort them.

I hope you don't mind but I do have a favor to ask of you. Would you please save us the cd of 'You've Got The Time' that you so kindly were offering to people. I mentioned it to a friend in England (via email) and she said she would love to have one as she has never heard of it and we plan to take her the one we bought back with. We have so enjoyed listening and reading our bibles but we have some catching up to do due to being away but I know we shall have completed it before we go to England in six weeks time. Thank you so much.

I had better cut this short now as I am doing the laundry, yet my mind is still very much on holiday recalling all the wonderful memories of places we saw.

Take care and God Bless you both always,

Love,
Melody and Fred XX
* * * * * * * * * *

Dear Allison and Tony,

Thank you very much for your last email and also a big thank you for saving the cd (MP3) for us that I asked you for. I know my friend in England will enjoy listening to the one we shall take her in a few weeks time.

I know you have been to England so when I tell you that she and her husband attend a very old church that sits facing 'the village green' you will be able to imagine it. The sad side is that the village no longer is out in the country so to speak, it is now on the edge of my home town and considered a suburb, even so the church and immediate area still resembles the village scene of years ago.

Of course I do not mind if you wish my last email to be included in the blog, but please double check it for spelling and grammar, ha!

I have to keep this short as we need to go into town and do a few errands but I wanted you thank you for the cd.

Take care and God Bless you both,

Love,
Melody and Fred
June 13, 2009

Notes from the editor:
  • * That would be the Sheriff of 5th Street!

  • Yesterday, Pat and whizzed right through Duluth, MN, and up the North Shore to Silver Bay to visit little Miss Molly. Today, we ventured up to Grand Marais for lunch.

  • Three summers ago, we volunteered at a fish hatchery north of Bismark. We enjoyed the area.

  • Our very favorite vacation area is the Black Hills of South Dakota. In fact, Custer is the place we prefer to stay.
I'm glad that Fred and Melanie got to experience and enjoy some of our favorite places!

No comments:

Post a Comment