Sunday, March 13, 2011

Look What I Caught!

by Dianne

Not another fishing story? Well, sort of. My fishing husband always gives me a quick call to let me know that he is safely out of, or off, the water when he is done fishing for the day. Now there are some park neighbors who think that phone call is really a signal to have a cup of coffee ready for him when he gets back. OK, so there is hot coffee ready when he returns, but I do appreciate him letting me know he is safely back on land.

Anyway, for those of you who my not have heard this story --one day when he called to let me know he was safe, he told me that he was bringing home a big red - a keeper. A big red is a Red Drum fish; there are also Black Drum. I was quite excited, not ever seeing a real Red Drum. At least that is what I had pictured in my mind when he said a "big red."

This is what he found washed up on shore, full of muck and water and apparently abandoned, so he brought it home. It is big and it is red, but it is not a fish. He did, however, decided to keep it.





.

1 comment:

  1. Let us know if you made it home with it okay. Gary and Connie

    ReplyDelete