Friday, May 11, 2012

Helen's Healthier!

by Helen, via Keith



Keith --      
Don’t you let all of those goldfinches, wrens, orioles fly away – I’m running a little late getting my start north for the summer but I think I have a good excuse!  
Just got out of the hospital on Friday – amazing how, after years and years and years of being treated for lung problems, the pulmonary clinic in Victoria says the lungs are improving – my difficulty breathing has little to do with my lungs (although they are some better, they will never be ‘like new’ again.) 
He recommended a cardiology work up and my doc here in Rockport shipped me off to cardiology in Corpus Christi.  After failing the stress test twice, being poked and prodded with sonograms, echocardiograms, CAT scans, being shot up with enough die I’m sure I was glowing in the dark and heaven only knows what else – a cardiac catheterization was recommended.  
Went in last Wednesday for that and……95% blockage of one of the coronary arteries.  So, I asked him if he would recommend someone in Iowa to do the stent procedure – really would like to have been with family!  WRONG!  7AM the following morning I was being poked and prodded again.  
I guess you need all of the coronary arteries functioning to get a good breath of air!  Feeling much better now – just need to work on getting strength back after basically setting all winter.   
Will be heading north the last week in May, so don’t let all of the birds fly away!
Helen
Parked the 5th wheel in Rockport TX
Forest River Surveyor - my summer home for Iowa!
Ramblings: http://theadventuresofbillymax.blogspot.com/

And a from follow-up email:

I guess there is a moral to the story -- don't assume the problems you had yesterday are the same you have today - even if the symptoms are the same! 
I sure can't complain about any of the treatment/care I received down here -- between Dr Llompart at the respiratory clinic at Citizens Medical Center in Victoria, Dr Toth at Cardiology Associates  and Dr Szalai and the staff at Doctors Regional Hospital in Corpus Christi -- Dr Maroney here in Rockport got right on top of it and sent  me off to some fine facilities.  

We are fortunate down here!
Helen

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are feeling better, Helen, and that they found the problem. Have a good trip north.

    Gary and Connie Rothmeyer

    ReplyDelete