Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sonia's Progress

by Sonia, via Keith

Sonia

Generally, things are going along pretty good.  My white blood count has continued to be a problem, but is getting better.  It was down to 1 and they held off chemo for awhile.  I went on the internet for some solutions which were dietary changes.  It suggested generally healthy foods, such as carrots and greens.  It worked as my count improved and I can now hop real good. 

This month, I'm scheduled for three weeks of chemo in row and then a week off.  It's a little tough because I don't have a chance to recover between treatments.  Dr. said if my count stays good and I complete this cycle for May, I will have reached the half way point for treatment.  Hopefully, I'll be done by the fall.

My hair has stayed with me so far.  It doesn't grow much and tends to stick out straight like the deadend kids but it's there.  I had it cut really short to fix the quirks. 

We haven't been down to the park much as the packing and unpacking tires me out.  Hopefully, my stamina will pick up soon and we can enjoy the summer.

Thank you for your prayers and support,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment