Monday, May 21, 2012

New Visitors

by Dianne


I'm so excited!!! Last Friday we bought several hanging flower baskets for the back yard and decided to hang the humming bird feeder, too, just in case. We did have one humming bird come through our back yard last year enjoying the flowers, but we didn't have a feeder out and he did not stay. Well, last night while Rick was grilling his recent catch of walleye (got his limit of 5 both times he'd been out), two humming birds came to the flowers and then found the feeder. Rick came in and got the camera and me. Of course, that is a sure enough way to put an end to the birds on the feeder. So, after supper I went back out, armed with camera and a glass of wine, and decided to wait for their return. Finally, one did come back. S/he was dark green with a black head and a white ring at the neck area. I know very little about humming birds except that they are so darn cute and fun to watch. I know lots of people have humming birds frequent their feeders, but this is a first for us. Did I mention how excited I am? We hope they stay for the season..

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane, go look at my facebook pictures, as we had the privalage of having a juvinle hummingbird get wet during a storm, and I found him on our deckrailing! So picked him up brought him in, put him in a basket. When he got dry he flew around and we opened the patio door, off he flew! So small, felt like I was holding the Lord in my hand! Miss you all Sharron and c.J.

    ReplyDelete